Mar 11, 2018
There is one week every year where the largest concentration of
CRM MVPs is recorded, and that is the Microsoft MVP Summit.
During the MVP Summit 2018, I asked 10 CRM MVPs to answer the 22
tough questions you see below and I recorded their answers for all
to enjoy, discuss, and learn from.
- Should Microsoft get rid off Dynamics 365 On-Premise? Why or
- How do you think the new Dynamics 365 for Marketing App affects
stablished Marketing Automation Solutions such as ClickDimensions,
Salesfusion, Act-On, and others?
- Salesforce and Google continue to collaborate and recently
announced tighter integrations between the solutions offered by
both organizations, how would a Salesforce acquisition by Google
disrupt Dynamics 365’s momentum?
- One of the things Marc Benioff - the CEO of Salesforce –
mentioned on their last big conference was that “Microsoft can’t
seem to keep their Dynamics 365 leadership in place”, are those
comments accurate? And if so, why do you think that’s
- Salesforce continues to be a leader in the CRM space with
around 25% of the market share globally while Microsoft holds a
smaller share, what can Microsoft do to catch up to
- How important is to master tools such as Microsoft Flow and
Power Apps for a Dynamics 365 Solution Architect today?
- Speaking from the point of view of thousands of partners who
are based in the US, why should I care about the General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR) approved by the European Union
Parliament on April of 2016?
- As the Dynamics 365 world grows, many developers from other
products or platforms are making a jump into Dynamics 365 and other
related technologies, what would you recommend to these developers
to focus on learning so they can make a big impact in the near
- AppSource continues to grow and new items are added often, how
do you keep up with what is being released and do you have any
- If you were the Dynamics 365 Product Owner for a day, what are
some of the changes or improvements you would like to see added to
- If you could go back and re-do something inside Dynamics 365,
what would it be and why?
- What kind of solution or company would you like to see
Microsoft acquire and incorporate into their Dynamics 365 roster
- In your opinion, what is the most underrated feature of
- Now that Microsoft eliminated the branding of XRM, how has this
impacted your approach to implementations and conversations with
- There are hundreds of suggestions on the Microsoft Connect or
Idea portal for Dynamics 365 enhancements, some of the suggestions
date back a few years, if you had to pick one of those ideas to be
incorporated into the next version of Dynamics 365, which one would
- What is your favorite thing about working with Dynamics
- What is your favorite part of the MVP Summit and why?
- What is your favorite thing about being a Microsoft MVP?
- If you could give one advice to aspiring CRM MVPs, what would
- We are very fortunate to live in the US and have the ability to
travel to and speak at conferences and other events, but what would
you say to someone who might not be able to do what we do and who’s
wondering if they can add value to the Dynamics 365 community?
- Which non-MVP community leader do you want to see here at the
Microsoft MVP Summit next year and why?
- Lastly and just for fun, if there was a “CRM MVP for
Life Award” and only one CRM MVP could be selected, who
should the award go to and why?
I would like to thank Ulrik Carlsson and Seth Bacon for
contributing questions to this list.
And of course, here are the CRM MVPs who stood outside a
building for an hour in freezing weather to answer these